Transport affected by heavy snow
NOTTS has woken up to another thick blanket of snow this morning which has caused problems for buses, trains and East Midlands Airport.
The temperature in Notts is around -2 degrees and the snow is still falling in the city centre.
So far the following NCT services are diverted due to poor road conditions:
• Lilac Line 25 will run between City and Carlton Square only and will not continue through to Westdale Lane, Mapperley and Arnold
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
• Lilac Line 27 will not serve Coningswath Road or Elmhurst Avenue and will run between City and Carlton Square only
• Blue Line 39 is not serving Carlton Valley and is operating the usual one way loop. Buses will run from City along Gordon Road, Thorneywood Mount, Porchester Road, Woodborough Road and back to the City. Customers in Thorneywood and along Porchester Road need to catch the bus on the opposite side of the road to normal.
• Blue Line 40 will run between the City and St Ann’s Kildare Road only, not continuing through to Sherwood or the City Hospital
• Red Line 43 will not serve Bakersfield and will run between the City and Cardale Road only.
• Red Line 44 will not serve Arnold Lane or Gedling terminus. Buses will follow the normal route from the City to Dr Park’s Corner and will then operate a one way loop along Burton Road, Shearing Hill and Main Road, Gedling Road back to Dr Park’s Corner returning to City
• Sky Blue Line 45 will not serve Shelford Road or Gedling terminus. Buses will run between the City and Holyoake Road only.
• Lime Line 58 is not serving Homefield Avenue or Surgeys Lane and will divert along Beechwood Road and Coppice Road in both directions
• Pathfinder 100 is not serving NTU Brackenhurst or Southwell and will run between Nottingham and Lowdham only.
All other NCT services are currently running along their normal routes and services which start later on a Saturday are still being assessed and further updates will be provided during the day.
There were long flight delays at East Midlands Airport this morning, although some planes have taken off.
People with flights scheduled for today are advised to check the airport's website for live flight information before they set out, at www.eastmidlandsairport.com.
Some train journeys have also been affected by the weather and people should contact East Midlands Trains for further information at www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.